Link to page form element
Use the Link to page form element to add an auto complete link field to your component form. This field will search through node content and suggest the page the user is trying to link to. Use this field to provide an internal or external link field to editors. For more information, see Create an editable component.
Locating the link to page form element
To find the Link to page form element:
- Navigate to a component
- Click the + button on the Component form builder
- Within the Fields tab, look for the Link to page form element.
The Link to page element includes the following fields:
- Field label - Provide a name for the form element. The field label will be displayed above the field in your component form. Important: It will also be used to auto-generate the field machine name. Auto generation only occurs until you have clicked Apply.
- Machine name - Set the machine name of the field. Used as a token when linking an element to the field. Must be unique within the component. Important: If you need to change the machine name later, click the Edit icon on the field's right.
Restrict results to entities - Restrict the link auto complete field to specific content entities.
- Default value (optional) - Set a default page for the Link to page field.
- Required - When toggled on, the Link to page field becomes a required field when using the Component
- Error message (optional) - The validation error message displayed if the editor doesn't provide a value.
- Show field if - Enter conditional logic to show / hide the field based on the value of another field. For more, see Component fields conditional visibility.
- Tooltip text - Enter tooltip text here.
- Tooltip placement - Define the position of the tooltip on hover of the field.