UIKit 1 - 4 column layout components
The 1-4 column layout components have been designed to offer a flexible system for dividing content into columns. They offer many settings to allow the columns' layout and the position of the content placed within them to be configured. For a guide to using these components, see Creating layouts with layout components.
Key information about this component:
Layout canvas elements
- Full width container element - This is required when using the layout component as a full width page section with a background color or background image.
- Boxed width inner container - This is required to contain the content within a page section to the width of the responsive grid.
- Row for columns element - This is required for the columns and also used to set the minimum height of the layout.
- Column elements - These provide the columns and have been set to display:flex and flex-direction:column. These CSS properties should not be changed as they allow content placed within the columns to fill the column height.
- Drop zone - The drop zone for content to be placed within.
Do not change the display:flex and flex-direction:column CSS properties on the column elements.
Component form fields
- Width of content area - Sets a maximum width to the content area. Boxed width restrains the content to a maximum set width. Full width allows the content to expand to fill the width available.
- Column alignment - If the columns' combined width is set to less than full width, they can be aligned horizontally to the left, center or right, or distributed evenly.
- Space between columns - Set the columns to have a space (gutter) between them or no space between them.
- Padding top and bottom - Set a space above and/or below the content within the layout. This setting is needed when the layout is used at the top level as a section. It should be set to None if nesting this layout within another layout.
- Section height - Set the minimum height of the layout. Choose between Fit to content, % height or pixel height.
- Column width - Set the width of each column.
- Column display order - Set the order in which the columns are displayed. This is useful for changing the order of the columns by device width. For example, if column 1 contains text and column two contains an image, you may want the image to display before the text when the columns stack on a phone device.
- Vertically align content - If the content is smaller than the height of the column it's within, you can set its vertical position to Top, Middle, or Bottom. Note: The column's content must have its height set to Fit to content and not Fill space available for vertical alignment to take effect.
- Offset column - Move the column left or right on Desktop and Tablet width devices. On phone devices, all offsets are removed as the content will be stacked vertically.
- Background color - Optionally set the background color of the row.
- Background image - Optionally set a background image for the row.
- Alternative image for phone - Toggle on to upload an alternative image to show on phones.