The Acquia UK Government Accelerator
The Acquia UK Government Accelerator consists of the following:
- An ACE subscription for hosting your application
- A Site Studio licence to enable lowcode site building AND an intuitive page building and content editing experience
- An OOTB design kit pre-configured to be GDS compliant to accelerate site builds. We call this the Public Sector Design Kit (PSDK)
- Training, support and updates
What's included in the Public Sector Design Kit
The PSDK has been designed and built to accelerate the creation of Drupal websites using Site Studio and based on the Government Design System. It provides a ready to use set of components that can be branded, modified and extended using Site Studio's low code tools.
The PSDK includes:
- 13 Extended Design System Components, ready to go out of the box
- 16 Layout Helpers, these are prebuilt sections based on some of the most common design patterns seen across gov.uk sites
- Implementation guidance for all 27 components featured in the government design system
A detailed list of all components, helpers and code snippets, as well as detailed functional specification for each can be found here. https://sitestudiodocs.acquia.com/govdesignkit
Extend and customise
While we have included all the components in the GDS and even provided some additional commonly used design patterns for popular use cases, we know that each project is unique and in many cases will need some custom components to suit your specific use case. With Site Studio this is easy to do using our lowcode site building tools which allows non developers to build new components without writing any code.
For more information watch our Site Studio demo.
Using the Public Sector Design Kit
This guide is for site builders, designers and developers who are already familiar with Site Studio and now want to use the Public Sector Design Kit. If you are not familiar with Site Studio you should watch those tutorials first.