Does Site Studio work with the Lightning Distribution?
Yes. You can use the Lightning distribution with Site Studio. However, there are some modules which are not yet compatible.
You can use the Lightning distribution with Site Studio, though there are some modules included within Lightning which are currently not fully compatible with Site Studio. Development is underway to make these modules compatible with Site Studio.
To find out more information about the compatibility status of Lightning, see our Lightning.
When installing version 4 of Lightning with Site Studio we recommend that you follow these steps as this version of the distribution comes with many Layout builder specific modules.
The steps to follow after installing Lightning:
- Disable layout builder on the basic page content type
- Delete landing page content type
- Uninstall lighting map block, lightning landing page, lightning banner block modules
- Uninstall Lightning Layout module
- Uninstall Layout builder restrictions and Layout library modules
- Uninstall Page manager (if not using moderation dashboard)
- Uninstall Layout builder
Once the above steps have been completed, Install Site Studio following our documentation on Creating a new website with Site Studio.